Doctors, Presents, Antiques…OH MY!

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Today, I got news that our farm in Thomasville is officially under contract. I met the buyer over the past weekend and he was super nice. I’m glad that the property is going to a good family who will appreciate it.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Brandon had a follow up appointment concerning his hip/leg issue. His appointment was at 3:45 and we got there at 3:30. We got called to the back within a few minutes of being there. The nurse asked him questions and typed it into the computer and then said the doctor would be in shortly. We sat in the room for about an hour before the doctor came in. Then, it was just repeating everything we just told the nurse. I insisted that he be referred to a endocrinologist for his thyroid issues. I feel like right now it’s a guessing game for the doctor on what to prescribe him and it’s just wasting our time and I would rather him see someone that knows what they are doing and how to help him. I asked for blood work for certain thyroid tests and xrays on his hip and knee. So, by the time we got out of the room, we were trying to hurry and go to their lab so he could get his blood work done. Well, by the time we went to this window and that window and finally got to the lab, we asked the lady if she could do Brandon’s blood work and she said “No, she couldn’t do anything after 5pm”. It was 5 on the dot. It made me so mad. I told her where we live and where he works and how inconvenient it is to have to come back to do that. She would not help us. He is coming back up on Friday so he plans on getting his blood work and xrays done at Affinity.

When I picked the kids up from daycare, Dawson informed me that Deegan was in the office because he scratched a girl “like a lion”. So, I go up front to get him and I was told that the girl asked him to scratch her so he wasn’t in trouble. When I got home, I noticed a scratch going across his neck and asked him what that was from and he acted like he didn’t know what I was talking about. So, I lifted up his shirt and looked at his back and he had scratches on his back. Apparently, both of them were scratching each other. What in the heck are they doing at daycare???

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Brandon said there was a note in our mailbox from the mail lady asking him to call her. When he called her, she asked about when we were putting up our gate/fence. He told her that the plan was that we were going to put it up this weekend. She said that she had tried to contact the renters next door and the previous owner about moving their mailboxes and she told them that once we put our gate up that her supervisor would not allow her to use the new easement to deliver their mail. (Their mailboxes are in the back of the property and not by the road.) So, she told them that they would need to move their mailboxes to the end of the road or she would not be delivering their mail. She said the neighbor’s wife gave the excuse that her husband is a farmer. We are not sure what that means.

Before we went to bed, I went ahead and gave Brandon his Valentine’s Day present. I had just gotten it today and I hate waiting to give presents especially when they are good! I had gotten him a Bushnell flashlight that has 1200 lumens. Deegan had gotten a small one while in Cub Scouts and Brandon really liked it because it was such a bright flashlight. Since Deegan got his, Brandon has gotten a bigger one. Well, I got him the Mack Daddy of the Bushnell Flashlights. He loved it!

Friday, February 12, 2016

Brandon drove up to Tifton after he got off of work. We sold a stove to a lady. Then, he went to Affinity for blood work and xrays. While he was doing that, I went and picked the kids up from school and dropped them off with Brandon’s dad and then went to meet his mom for a little shopping. After shopping, I went and picked up some Chicago’s for dinner. I’ve been craving their pizzaroli. So delicious! We ate dinner together with his family then I headed to Valdosta to spend the night at my parents’.

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Mom and I did okay yard saling. My favorite buy was a Charles Chips Tin sealed with potato chips still in there for $1. When mom and I were done yard saling, we headed over to Thomasville and stopped at yard sales along the way.

When we got to Thomasville, I drove her to show her where my house used to be then we met up with Brandon and my dad at a place called Fallin’s Real Pit Bar-B-Q. It was really good! When we were done and walked out into the parking lot, Brandon noticed that one of the trailer tires was flat. He filled it up with air and headed to the farm. Mom, Dad, and I headed to a place called The Bread Wagon. They make the best malted chocolate balls ever!


If you haven’t ever been and are in the area. I suggest you go to those two places.

When we got to the farm, Brandon and Dad needed to head back to town in order to fix the tire. Mom and I started cleaning up the trailer then we went over to the old farmhouse. I wanted to go back through that room that hasn’t been entered into for over 40 years. I was able to get a bunch of old Old Spice items from the bathroom.


Mom was quickly overwhelmed and wanted to take a break. So, I waited until the guys got back before going back in. Brandon fixed the tire and put it back on then we went over to the farmhouse. Brandon climbed on into the room and started going through everything.

After a while, my dad left and it was just me and Brandon. We found two enamel lids, a canner, two enamel tea pots, an old perfume bottom, some copper punch templates, and other knick knacks.

When we were done going through the room, Brandon and I went into the woods to get some granite stones that were out there. Then, we headed home.

We dropped off everything at home around 6:30ish. Before we left, Brandon wanted to go ahead and give me my Valentine’s Day present since I had given him his early. I had told him that I want to start planting flowers that I can pick from throughout the year to make arrangements in the house. So, he got me some rose bushes and Charlie Puth’s CD.


Then, we headed to Tifton to get the kids. We got there around 8:30 and ate dinner with them, talked a little bit, and left about 10:30.

We got home at 11:30 and called it a day. A BUSY DAY!

Sunday, February 14, 2016


I woke up and started deep cleaning the house. I haven’t had a whole lot of time to really go through the things we have been bringing back to the house and getting everything situated. So, I went through a lot of things and cleaned a lot of it too.

Before – Enamel Lid


After – Enamel Lid


Old Lance Peanut Can


This is some decorating I did on a small Lazy Susan I have.


Before – Enamel Teapot


After – Enamel Teapot


Before – Enamel Teapot

I about gagged when I cleaned this one. UGH!


After – Enamel Teapot


Both Teapots




Old Stapler still in the box with staples


Copper punch templates?


Laying Hen Dish


Lidded dish


I decorated my big Lazy Susan and I added this dish because it looks kind of like a pie dish and there are pies on the front of the book. I also found the small cow bell in that room.


Crystal lidded frog dish for flower arrangements


While I was spring cleaning, Brandon was outside with the kids putting up the gate/fence. The mail lady also asked us to move our mailbox sideways because we are her “turnaround” point.

Dawson having fun in Daddy’s trailer




After – with gate



After – with fence and granite stones from the farm and mailbox turned sideways



We ended the day by watching Minions together. I think we got a lot accomplished over the weekend.

Monday, February 15, 2016

This was the first day with the gate up and locked. The kids went with Brandon to Valdosta since it’s President’s Day and they are out…they are staying with my mom today. So, I had to open the gate and shut the gate all by myself. 😦

She took the kids to Tallahassee to JCP to get their pictures made.



I joined the YMCA on Thursday but started today. I’m going during my lunch break because by the time I get off of work, I just want to get the kids and go home. Plus, the classes I would take at night are later and I wouldn’t get home until really late.

Brandon and I had our dentist appointments today. My teeth are fine. They found a cavity in his teeth. He’ll go back in March and get that fixed.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The kids were with me this morning so it’s Deegan’s job to open and close the gate. I think he thoroughly enjoys it.


Brandon took his trailer to work this morning to get all the extra pallets that were going to be thrown out. OH! The things I could do with these! LOL


I decided it would be nice to stop at Taco Bell on the way home and make today, Taco Tuesday. Deegan keeps insisting that’s what we have on Tuesdays. Thanks Lego Movie! LOL

We ate in the living room and watched Inside Out. That was a pretty good movie!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s