Farmhouse Hidden Treasures

Monday, January 25, 2016

When I got home, I could tell that they had cut a ditch by the easement. Brandon was outside digging by the propane tank checking to see if it was possible to just rotate the tank around to get it on our side of the property line. He said that it would be no problem to move it ourselves. Thank goodness! That saves us roughly $100.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

This is the view I had this morning while driving to Tifton. So gorgeous! The picture does not do it justice.


When I dropped Dawson off at ballet, Deegan and I went downtown to Southern Pickers to check on my booth and while I was down there, you could hear sirens and see that traffic was stopped. So, I went outside and saw an older lady laying in the road with blood running from her hand and her head. We weren’t sure if it was a hit and run, but according to witnesses, she was crossing the street and tripped and fell. The ambulance was parked right behind my car and I wasn’t sure if they would be gone in enough time for me to be able to leave to go pick up Dawson. But, they did end up moving in enough time for me to leave.

When I got home, Brandon told me that he and the guy that is doing the easement would be moving the propane tank on Saturday.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Nothing to report today.

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Nothing to report today.

Friday, January 29, 2016

I’m spending the night with my parents so that mom and I can go yard saling.

Saturday, January 30, 2016

I got home around 1:30ish. Brandon and that guy had moved the propane tank by the time I got home.


This is the view of the easement thus far.


Brandon got out on the tractor to start getting the soil ready for our garden.

This is the garden area in the front yard where we will plant things that don’t need to be tended to daily.


There is a plow attachment for the tractor that is at the farm. So, we will be going to get it tomorrow so that he can plow.

Sunday, January 31, 2016

When we got to the farm, we went into the farmhouse (my great grandfather’s house) to get what wooden doors we could get. Also, there was some scrap 2x4s and such that we got as well. This house has sat like this for maybe 25 plus years. When my great grandfather passed, no one was allowed in the house. It’s so sad.

The Farmhouse


Front Door


This is the front room/porch.


This is the living room.


This is the fireplace.


One of three bedrooms.


Another bedroom.


Dining Room








This was our load that we got from the farm.


When we got back home, I saw a huge bird fly into the front yard from our pool. It was a crane!




Brandon plowed the front garden then plowed a smaller garden in the back.





While he was doing that, I was painting a child’s chair for my mom.





Monday, February 1, 2016

Nothing to report today.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

This morning was super foggy going to Tifton. When I approached the curve on Hwy 112 where County Line Rd is, another car was coming around the corner and two deer jumped out in front us. I think it was meant to be that we were both coming around the corner so that our lights could shine on them and we both see them. There was a car on my tail that about ate me when I had to slam on my brakes to avoid hitting the deer.

When I got home, I had to pack my bags. Tomorrow, I am leaving to head to Callaway Gardens for a conference for my job.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

We left shortly after lunchtime and went over towards Albany then North. We drove through some really bad weather, but we made it!





It is absolutely beautiful here!

We checked in, took our bags to the room, then headed out to find some food. We had to take the luggage carrier back down and if you know me, I love to have some fun so I ended up riding it down the hall just to make things a little interesting.


Thursday, February 4, 2016

We were in conferences all day until around 5ish. We got in the car and drove around. They were closed but the gates were open so we were able to drive around and look.

We stopped at a field and took a selfie.


Then we went to the Chapel which is gorgeous!


So, then after driving around a while,we were trying to find the exit and couldn’t find it! LOL We about got lost in there but luckily we finally found how to get out of that place. But, it’s definitely worth going back when it’s open and I have a map. 🙂

Then, we drove around the town and found an antique store that was supposed to be closed by the time we got there but he stayed open for us to look through. I found a lot of things that I liked however everything was WAY overpriced.

I found a yellow hand chair and just had to get a picture of me with it. My friend Kristi actually has two of these. They wanted $495 for this. Ridiculous!



We made it back in time for dinner then went back to our room.

Brandon texted me that we have a hen that is sitting on some eggs. So, maybe we will have some chicks soon!

Friday, February 5, 2016

We had a few conferences to go to this morning then we checked out and headed home. We took a different route coming home. We went over towards I-75 to Byron so that we could stop at The Big Peach Antique Store. It was such a beautiful drive. It reminded me a lot of Tennessee.

I got back to Tifton in enough time to drop off the rental car and then pick up my kids from school. I really wanted to go to Valdosta so that mom and I could yard sale but Brandon wanted me to come home. So, with the agreement that he would go yard saling with me in the Camilla/Thomasville area, I went home.

We watched a movie together while we ate dinner.

Saturday, February 6, 2016

We woke up and started driving around looking for yard sales. We only found two today. It was a little disappointing but I was ok with what I had gotten. We drove around Thomasville and found where our house use to reside.

This is the social hall to First Baptist Church.


This house is across the street from it.


Then, we went to the farm. Brandon wanted to get one of the sheds that is out there, but he realized it was bigger than he thought and it would have been a mess to try and take. So, we went through both sheds again and got a few more things. My dad called and said that someone wanted to look at the farm and he needed the keys to get in but we left them at our house. So, we have to come back tomorrow to let them in.

This is our load from today.


After we got home, we unloaded then headed to Albany for a date night with our friends Kenny and Kristi. It was a good chance for us to just hang out at their house and catch up while the kids played. One time, their son, Shane, came out of the room and his nose was bleeding. Apparently, Dawson knocked him in the face. Way to go Dawson! LOL JK Kristi! 🙂

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Before we headed to the farm, Brandon FINALLY shaved his head and beard. I was more concerned with the beard than his head. LOL It was beginning to get a little too bushy for me. After he shaved, he looked like he had lost about 10 lbs. He looks so much better!

We headed to Thomasville after we had some breakfast. When we got to the farm, mom and dad were already there. Brandon and I went into the farmhouse to get a few more doors out and some mirrors off of some old dressers. While I was in the house, I really wanted to go into one of the bedrooms that you can’t even walk into because crap has just been thrown in there for years. I’m not kidding when I say there is crap piled in there from the floor up to about 4 ft.


So, I got some gloves and started digging. I’m not sure what I was hoping to find but you just never know. I was able to get a nice basket, an old metal trashcan, some glass candy dishes, and old boxes with cool advertisement on them.


The dishes and skewers are still in the package.



Everything is still in this Water Color Set box.



Everything was still in this Stain Glass Set box.





We found some old recipe books.


The coolest thing was…..Brandon was able to move all the crap from in front of the closet in that room and open the closet.

Inside the closet, he found some white boxes. Inside the white boxes, we found china dishes and sterling silverware. JACKPOT!!




And, we found a cigar box full of old pictures. Here are some that I plan on framing and hanging in my house.



After going through the farmhouse, Brandon and I went down into the field/woods and retrieved a tractor attachment.


There was also an old travel camper trailer out there that he wants to convert into a flatbed trailer. He was unable to get it because he didn’t have the right size ball.


When we got home, I finally put up some Coke items that my mom gave to me. I did happen to retrieve some old aluminum Coke cans from that room at the farm.




Monday, February 8, 2016

Brandon went over to the farm and ended up loading the trailer onto our smaller trailer and bringing it home. LOL



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s