Let’s Party!

Thursday, January 14, 2016

I went with Brandon to the doctor to see if we could find out what’s going on with his hip/leg. The more questions the doctor asked him the more it made her think that he may have upset his sciatic nerve. For now, she prescribed him anti-inflammatory medicine and muscle relaxers (which are to be taken at night).

After his appointment, I went to Dawson’s school to celebrate her birthday. I would have done it Friday but I took off Friday so that I could work on her cake and get the house back together.





When we got home, Brandon started working on adding a shelf to the bead board wall. When we were at Lowe’s getting the wood for the shelf, we bickered over the size of the shelf. I wanted it to be at least 10″ wide and he wanted it to be 6″ wide. I knew I wouldn’t be able to fit anything big up there like baskets etc. That’s probably why he didn’t want it too wide.


While he was doing that, I started baking some goodies for Dawson’s birthday party. I made some vanilla covered peanut butter ritz crackers, brownies, and cookie cake.

Friday, January 15, 2016

It was pouring rain all night long. Brandon left the house around 4:30AM to go to work. After he left, I got up to turn my cell phone on in case something happened to him so he could call me. Twenty minutes later the bedroom door opened and I figured it was Dawson but when I looked, I noticed that it was Brandon. I asked him what was wrong and he said that he felt like he was drunk driving because of the muscle relaxer medicine he had taken the night before. I was just glad that nothing bad happened to him on the road especially with the bad weather. I went ahead and got up since my alarm was fixing to go off. I had to get the kids ready so that I could take them to school. Their grandparents are going to pick them up today and let them spend the night and then bring them to our house on Saturday for the birthday party.

I had to drive through really bad weather. I drove about 40 mph. I almost hydroplaned twice and cars were passing me the whole way. I hate driving in rain!

By the time I was headed back home, the rain had stopped. When I got home, I snapped a picture of our driveway. It looks like a pond due to all the trucks and cars that use our driveway as an easement. I’m hoping that we can get someone to fix this!


I started baking the cake and doing laundry. I was cleaning rooms in the midst of everything else. I let Brandon sleep a while. When he woke up, he started helping getting the house situated and cleaned up. Once all the cleaning was done, I was able to start decorating. That’s the fun part to me! This is the first time that I think I didn’t have a plan on how I was going to decorate etc etc. I went non stop until about 8PM and by that point I was pooped. I wanted to paint the bead board wall but I had no energy. I was ready for bed.

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Happy 5th Birthday to my sweet daughter Dawson!

I woke up at 6:30AM and started painting the bead board wall. I pretty much had to paint it by hand. So, it took me until about 10AM to get done with one coat of paint. I still had a few things to put out for decorations then I got myself ready for the party.

Brandon left to get pizza and some ice when my parents arrived. Then others started arriving. It was a good party and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

Little Mermaid Themed 5th Birthday Party

This is her birthday cake that I made her.





These are the vanilla covered peanut butter ritz crackers.






I bought some shortbread cookies and sixlets and made some buttercream frosting and made these look like oysters.








This is a farmhouse table that Dawson’s grandfather made her to go in the kids playroom.



After everyone left, we chose to just relax. We have been going non stop working on the house. So, we watched some more Star Wars movies.

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Brandon and I worked on clearing out the woods a little more where we plan on moving the chickens. They are just running out of room where they have been temporarily and they are starting to pick on each other. It was pretty cold today. We raked a lot and burned it off.


We had to cut down a few branches.


Yes, I’m standing right there by the ladder while Brandon has a chainsaw (that was on) and climbing the ladder. The wind was blowing so hard (the tree was swaying) so I needed to hold the ladder for him. I was ready to get out of the way though. When the limb started to fall, it hit the ground and bounced back and hit the tree which scared Brandon.




This is where the chickens are currently.


We were able to get all the posts in the ground and started putting up chicken wire but ran out. They are going to have so much room to enjoy!



Monday, January 18, 2016

Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day!

The kids are out of school today and I am off of work however Brandon has to go in to work today. I finished putting up all the decorations from the party in the morning. I relaxed for a while and then I started painting a second coat on the top part of the bead board wall. I added stain to the shelf so that it wouldn’t blend in with the wall.

Then I decorated it with my Coca Cola items and I love it!!!




I also painted another wall in the kitchen.





Yesterday I had painted a rooster hook from blue to red that I had gotten from my parents for Christmas. We now use it for our grilling utensils.





Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Dawson missed ballet class last week because of her being sick. So, when I took her today, they had one of the outfits for the recital for her to try on. It’s really pretty but way too big on the top. I’m going to have to get someone (Miranda) to take it up for me. 🙂


When we got home, Brandon was trying to fix the fireplace. Remember how it had pulled away from the chimney? Well, as he was trying to fix it….the bricks were just coming right apart. So, unfortunately we had to take it apart (it was just crumbling) and put the bricks in the floor. We are going to have to re mortar them back. Also, the firebox is rusted and has holes so we will be fixing that as well.


I had a really bad headache when I got home so I took some medicine and went straight to bed.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s