Still Decking the Halls

Monday, November 30, 2015

Nothing to report for today.

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Dillon, Deegan’s Elf on the Shelf, came back today. The kids didn’t see him this morning and Deegan asked me about it on the way home. When we got home, Dillon had magically appeared at our house. He was riding a camel in our manger scene.



Wednesday, December 2, 2015

When the kids got up this morning, they instantly started looking for Dillon. Last night, he had flown to the top of our chandelier.


Around 5pm, I received a call from the daycare that Deegan didn’t feel well and they took his temperature and it was 102.4. So, I went and picked up the kids and went home. I gave Deegan some Advil and cough medicine and put him to bed.

Thursday, December 3, 2015

We woke up around 5:30am and I checked Deegan’s temperature. It was 102. So, we stayed home today. I kept him on Advil and cough medicine and made him put Vapor Rub on his throat and chest. The kids found Dillon in the Kitchen this morning when we were eating breakfast. He was hiding on a shelf.


While tending to Deegan, I was able to clean, rearrange, and decorate the house. I was able to get the fireplace in the eat-in kitchen area decorated.





I had so much fun decorating this mantel.




Then, I decorated the Master Bathroom.





I checked Deegan’s temperature at 3pm and it was back down to normal.

Friday, December 4, 2015

The kids couldn’t find Dillon this morning before we left the house. I checked Deegan’s temperature before we left the house and it was fine.

I got a call from the school around 11:30 saying that Deegan was sent to the school nurse and they checked his temperature and it was 103.8. So, I quickly left work and went and picked him up. Right before I picked him up, they checked his temperature again and it was 104.7!!! That is crazy! I took him to the doctor and they checked his temperature when we got there and it was 103.1. They went ahead and gave him some liquid medicine and then began to check his throat, ears, etc. They also did a strep test.

We waited forever for the results of the test. Finally, it came back negative. The doctor determined that he had an upper respiratory infection and ear infection. He checked his temperature at the end of the visit and it was 101.4. So, we went and picked up the prescriptions and then went and picked up Dawson and headed to Valdosta. I’m spending the night with mom and dad tonight so that mom and I can go yard saling.

I’ve noticed all day today that when I’m applying my brakes in my car that it sounds like an airplane whooshing by. I told Brandon about it and he looked at my rear brakes when I got down there. He told me that I needed new brakes. So, he went to Advanced Auto Parts and picked up some new rear brakes and came back to my parents house and put them on. I’m so glad that I’m married to someone who can pretty much fix anything!

Tonight, while at my parents’ house I learned of some very sad news. My good friend Kelli had lost her husband the day before. This was so unexpected and I am very saddened by this. She just recently lost her mom who was her best friend and helped her greatly with her 4 children and it’s Christmas time! I pray for her and her family and I ask that you do the same! This will be a very trying time for her.

I reminded Brandon that the kids needed to find Dillon before he put them to bed. Dawson is the one who found him. He was hiding in the sleigh.



Saturday, December 5, 2015

Mom and I did okay at the yard sales today. There were a lot but I wouldn’t say that either one of us got a “wow” deal today. We were out until 12pm then I headed home. I had to stop in Thomasville for some groceries.

When I got home, I noticed that there was bubblegum all over the table by the refrigerator and then I noticed why. Dillon had gotten into the kids bubblegum!



Normally, I get someone to take our family pictures in November so that I can order Christmas cards early. We have just been so busy that we haven’t had time to get pictures taken. Today, I took some of the kids myself. I think they turned out super cute. It was cold and windy and Deegan is still sick so we didn’t have but a few minutes to snap some pictures. I plan to take more tomorrow.















Sunday, December 6, 2015

Today, I woke up and started doing laundry and cleaning the house. In the midst of that, I decorated too.

The kids found Dillon sleeping on a shelf. I think he might be coming down with what Deegan has.


These will be the centerpiece of my farm table (whenever we get it from the Dows) LOL


Then, I decorated the two trees in the front hallway with Dawson’s help.




We took a break and took some pictures on the front porch. I seriously had no idea yesterday and today what props would be used, where we would take the pictures at…..all of this was on a whim, but I LOVE them!











After pictures, I started decorating the dining room where I hung the big Santa picture.



I ordered Christmas cards tonight from Shutterfly.


Brandon spent today clearing out more woods for the chicken area. I forgot to take some pictures of it.

Monday, December 7, 2015

Deegan had spent Saturday and Sunday in bed pretty much. I kept him on meds all weekend. I checked his temperature this morning and he was 98.3. So, we left.

I hadn’t heard anything from Deegan’s school all day so I thought we were all good. But, at 2:30 I got a call from the school nurse saying his temperature was 102.8. So, I had to leave and pick him up. I picked up Dawson on the way and then we headed home. I had the worst headache by the time I got home. I ended up taking some medicine.

The kids found Dillon before we went to bed. He was chillin’ with Santa in the dining room.



One thought on “Still Decking the Halls”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s