Give Thanks and Deck the Halls

Monday, November 16, 2015

When I was almost home, I got to thinking that I hadn’t seen any deer off of I-97 where Brandon told me he had seen deer before. Shortly after that thought, one leaped across the road and jumped over a tall fence.

After arriving home, I got right to work removing more wallpaper from the back hallway. The kids both jumped in and helped me which really sped things up for me.


When we were eating, I told Brandon how I was thinking about how I hadn’t seen a deer where he told me then I told him where I saw it and he told me that’s not where he saw the deer. He actually saw the deer off of the road we live on. That shocked me because I hadn’t seen one on our road.

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

So, Dawson woke up throwing up this morning which put me behind leaving the house.

When getting near Sylvester, I thought to myself that I hadn’t seen many cops on Hwy 112 that I travel on all the time. I was hoping that I wouldn’t see one this morning since I was running late. So, I came up on two cars that wouldn’t remain at a constant speed which irritates me. I like to travel long distances using my cruise control. I had been stuck behind them for a while and when I got a shot, I passed both of them at the same time which required me to really punch it. So, as I get back in my lane in front of the cars, I remain going that fast to get away from them then I was going to slow down. Well, as I was coming up a slight hill, I wasn’t sure if a truck was coming at me or a cop. Well, guess what??? It was a darn cop. Yup, threw his lights on and spun it around and came after me. He says he clocked me going 80 mph in a 55 mph. He asked why I was going that fast and I had nothing to say to him. My thought was there was nothing I could say that would get me out of the ticket and I was running late so I just wanted to wrap it up and get going again. He came back and asked me again and I then told him that my daughter had been throwing up and asked if he noticed the towel in her lap. So, I rolled the window down and he said he didn’t notice that but he was going to do me a favor and drop the ticket to say 74 in a 55 so that I wouldn’t be considered a super speeder. I signed it and I was on my way. I started trying to think of anyone I knew that could possibly help get me out of the ticket then I remember that my brother was friends with someone that worked at the Sherriff’s office in Worth County. So, I texted my brother and asked him to help me out. Well, that guy no longer worked in Worth County. But, he did know someone that used to be a dispatcher there. She contacted the one who wrote me a ticket and he lowered it to 69 in a 55 so I wouldn’t have any points on my license. Oh well, I know I was guilty so it is what it is.

Our washer and dryer wasn’t supposed to come in until later in the week but I received an email today telling me that it had arrived and it was ready for pickup. Brandon went and picked them up.

When I got home, we unloaded them and took them out of their packaging and noticed that the dryer had a big dent in the side of it.


I told him that he needed to contact Best Buy the next day and tell them about the dent and ask for a credit or a gift card. Once Brandon got them installed, he threw a pair of his jeans in the dryer to get the wrinkles out and it was making a funny noise. Well, when he looked inside he noticed that the actual drum inside was dented as well. So, now we wanted them to replace it with a new one.





Brandon called and ordered propane today.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

When leaving the house, I saw a deer leap across our road. How crazy is that?? I guess I need to quit thinking about things because they keep coming true. BLAH!

Brandon called Best Buy and they are going to send some guys out to our house next Wednesday to come get our dryer and give us a new one.

Thursday, November 19, 2015

The propane company came out today and filled our tank. Our tank is 500 gallons and they put 375 gallons in there.

Friday, November 20, 2015

Brandon’s parents wanted the kids for the weekend so I picked up the kids and took them over to their house then headed to Valdosta. I talked Brandon into spending the night in Valdosta so that we could go out on a date night since we didn’t have the kids. I had plans on spending the night this weekend so mom and I could go yard saling.

When I got to Valdosta, I picked up Brandon and we went to the movies and saw Mockingjay Part 2 first to hopefully avoid the theater being packed. After the movie, we went to go eat at Cheddar’s and it was packed and it was cold outside. So, we were told it would be a 20 to 30 minute wait so we waited inside to avoid the cold. So, then about 10 minutes into our wait, they were ready to seat us. So, we follow the girl and she led us to their outside area. I was furious! When we sat down, I looked at Brandon and I told him that I didn’t want to eat there anymore. We were never asked if we were okay with sitting outside. So, we left and ended up at Chili’s where the service was excellent.

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Mom and I went yard saling and did pretty good. Then, Brandon and I headed home. We stopped in Thomasville at Lowe’s to get items to put up a new mailbox at the end of our driveway and to start on our gate/fence by the road. When we got to Camilla, we went to Marvin’s, a new lumber yard in Camilla just to check out what they had and to get the post for the mailbox and a pot and plants to go on the post. We also picked up some crossties for $10 a piece.

When we got home, I started working on painting the mailbox post while he fixed the pipe going out to the septic tank. He added a piece of pipe that has an access hole in case it got backed up again.

Before paint


After paint


Sunday, November 22, 2015

We got up and started working outside. We assembled the mailbox and flower pot and loaded up all we needed to take down to the end of the drive way.



This is a Before of where our mailbox was. It was in a bush and not even on our property and it’s located at the back of our house.

This is a Before of the end of the driveway.


Here is the new mailbox! YAY!


Brandon’s parents showed up shortly after we got done putting a post in for the gate/fence so this is all we got done today. They brought us our Christmas present which is a gorgeous rolltop desk. His mom just got a new farmhouse table for her back porch so she is giving me her old table so she took our table which was hers back. If any of that makes sense. Jack is going to add wood to the top of her old table before they bring us our new table.

I took the whole week off since the kids are out for Thanksgiving break, so I plan to do as much painting as I can and hopefully get some Christmas decorations up and going.

Monday, November 23, 2015

After getting the kids and me some breakfast, I started painting the front hall. Last week, I had Brandon take nails out of the wall and spackle. I’m continuing with the same color as the back hallway.













I got up the first flight of stairs and ran out of paint. So, then I started working on the guest bedroom. Nothing had been done in there. So, it was up to me to move all the furniture to the center of the room and take things off of the wall and spackle/sand. Once I got all of that done, I started painting. I picked a soft yellow and the walls were originally a green color so it was taking lots of coats to cover it. I didn’t get done today.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

As I was painting the guest bedroom, I heard a crop duster close by. I looked out of the window and noticed that it was dusting the field behind me but was making its turn right beside our house. I think this is the coolest part of where we live.



After I was done painting the walls, it was time to paint the trim. It was two different shades of paint like someone had started painting but didn’t finish. Also, there were so many spots that needed spackle. So, I spackled and sanded and painted the trim. Now the fun part, I got to move all the furniture back and start decorating the room. I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this room. I hope that all of my future guests feel relaxed and at home staying in this room when they visit.


(This room had vines growing through the windows when we purchased it)




Brandon’s parents had just visited family in Michigan recently and Marianne brought back her mother’s quilt. I thought it would look so good on this bed. I added a pillow with a chicken on it to give it more of a country feel.


Here is the rolltop desk that is our Christmas present.


Decorations on top of the desk.


This is a hope chest that belonged to my great grandfather that owned the farm in Thomasville. I was given this years and years ago.


Here’s the wagon on top of the hope chest.


Here’s the dresser that I just recently saved from my great grandfather’s house from the farm.


Nightstand and hat/coat rack.


Another view of the room.


After doing all of that, I was pooped. I waited on Brandon to get home so that we could do one panel of fencing at the end of the driveway.


Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Today, I painted Deegan’s room. I painted the top half grey and did an accent wall on the wall that his beds are off of. I added stripes to it. That was the first time that I’ve ever done stripes. I think I did an okay job. I plan on adding wood to the bottom half of the walls to make it look like a train car.




(The tape was still on the walls in this pic.)


Accent Wall

(Remember those Railroad Crossing signs that I got a while back? They will be going on this wall. One on each side.)



This is what I’m shooting for on the bottom half of his walls.

Picture: Courtesy of Project Nursery


Best Buy showed up to get our dryer and deliver us the new one. We checked it out before they left and it’s perfect. YAY!

Thursday, November 26, 2015

We woke up early and got to cooking. We were in charge of bringing ham, deviled eggs, green bean casserole, and brown rice to Thanksgiving at my parents’ house. We started cooking at 7am and finished at 10am. We headed to Valdosta and got there by 11:45ish. The house smelled so good. Also, smelling everything that we brought the entire way to their house… stomach was about to eat itself. We prayed and got to eating. It was so nice to visit with all of my family. We don’t get to see each other all that often.

Side note: Ever since Brandon and I have been married, we came up with a solution to spend time with each other’s family on special occasions. So, what we decided was that whoever we spent Thanksgiving Day with, we would spend Christmas Eve with as well and spend Christmas Day with the other family. That way we are not rushing family time. And we rotate each year. So this year is Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Eve with my family and Christmas Day with his.

After we all left, we went back home to Camilla. I didn’t see anything in the papers to make me want to go out for Black Friday (Thursday) shopping but I did have Brandon do a drive-by by our Walmart in Camilla. It’s about the size of a Neighborhood Walmart and the parking lots was packed and the parking lot next to it was packed. So, I guess just about everyone that lived in Camilla was there. I can’t imagine how tight it was in that store.

Friday, November 27, 2015

We woke up and ate breakfast and packed and headed to Tifton. Brandon’s mom decorates a lady’s house for Christmas every year and we’ve always helped her because this lady’s house is HUGE! When I say HUGE, I mean….1) she has a gated driveway, 2) the driveway has to be a mile long 3) her house is on the other side of the pond 4) her house is 3 stories tall, etc. And, Christmas decorations have to go all the way from the gate to the house. We got there at 12 and were pooped by 6. Marianne and I had decorated 5 fireplace mantels, the downstairs area and had started on the main floor. The guys had put just about all the wreaths outside, the angels down the driveway and lights in the trees in the wooded area.

We ate left overs at Brandon’s parents’ house and went to bed.

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Marianne and I woke up super early and went yard saling. Then, we came back and had breakfast.

Brandon and I went up to my booth and I put some things in. While he waited in the truck, I was rearranging items in my booth. So, I set my inventory book down then my cell phone on top of it then covered my phone with an item. While I was rearranging, a couple came into the booth. A few seconds later, the girl is going “OOOO, cool! This is neat!” and I’m thinking “what the heck is she talking about?” So, I walk over to where she’s at and as I’m getting near her I thought to myself “Is that my phone?” I looked and saw Brandon’s name on the phone and I looked at her and said “Are you on my phone?!” And the look on her face was like “Oh boy, I just got caught!” SERIOUSLY! Who the heck does something like that??? Seconds later, Brandon texts me and says “What?” I look at the text messages and she had sent him a bunch of random letters!!!!

After all of that, we went and got some lunch and headed out to the house to decorate some more. We got there at 12 and were way more pooped by 6 than the day before. We got the 12 foot Christmas tree up and decorated, the garland on the third floor banisters up, the garland on both staircases that go 3 stories up on, etc.

When we were done, we went out to eat at Cracker Barrel. Then, we headed home to Camilla. Brandon accidentally ran over a raccoon on the way home. 😦

Sunday, November 29, 2015

I wasn’t sure that I would be in the mood to decorate my own house for Christmas after spending two days on someone else’s house but I was. So, I had Brandon get all the decorations down and I started putting some things out. I didn’t get done and I have tons more to put out. But, this is what I’ve gotten done so far.

Main Christmas Tree – Living Room


Dining Room





Front Hallway


Curio Cabinet in Middle Hallway


He spent the day bush hogging in front of the house where that big gorgeous tree is at. We are trying to clear that out so we can eventually put the kids playhouse out there and swing.



2 thoughts on “Give Thanks and Deck the Halls”

  1. I do love that guest bedroom! I can only imagine with all the Christmas decor put out what it will look like 🙂 I couldn’t see the pics from the kitchen or front hallway, though. It may be my computer. I’m sure it’s gorgeous!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s